Law Office of Nancy Grim

Northeast Ohio Employment Attorney

Nancy Grim, LLC
Kent Wells Sherman House
247 N. Water Street
Second Floor
Kent, Ohio 44240
Phone: (330) 678-6595
Fax: (844) 270-7608

Filing a Wage and Hour Claim – Idaho

Does Idaho have state overtime laws that are different from federal law?

Idaho does not have overtime laws that are different from federal law. Additional information on federal overtime law is available at //

Does Idaho have a minimum wage that is different from federal law?

The current minimum wage in Idaho is $8.25 per hour, which is equal to the federal minimum wage of $7.25. Employers, however, can use tips and gratuities to reduce the minimum wage required to $3.35 per hour.

The following employees may be paid at a rate below the minimum wage:

  • New hires under the age of 20 may be paid at a lower rate per hour for the first ninety calendar days of employment ($4.25)

Employees in executive, administrative, professional or agricultural activities are exempt from the minimum wage requirement. The following employees are also exempt from the minimum wage requirement:

  • Domestic service workers
  • Outside salespeople
  • Employees at a non-profit season camp
  • Children under the age of 16 working odd jobs for less than four hours per day

Does Idaho have meal and rest break requirements, unlike federal law?

Idaho does not have any meal or rest break requirements.

How do I file a wage/hour or labor standards claim in Idaho?

You can file a wage claim with the Idaho Department of Commerce and Labor’s Wage & Hour Section. This can be done by filling out a Wage Claim Form available at The filing should include as much information and documentation as possible. This process can be completed with or without an attorney.

What are my time deadlines?

If you have a wage/hour complaint, do not delay in contacting the Wage & Hour Section to file a claim. There are strict time limits in which wage claims must be filed. In order for the agency to act on your behalf, you must file the complaint within two years from the date that the claim arose.

As you might have other legal claims with shorter deadlines, do not wait to file your claim until your time limit is close to expiring. You may wish to consult with an attorney prior to filing your claim, if possible. Yet if you are unable to find an attorney who will assist you, it is not necessary to have an attorney to file your claim.

How can I or my attorney pursue a claim in court in Idaho?

In Idaho, employees can file a private lawsuit to recover unpaid wages, liquidated damages, attorney’s fees and costs.

Local ICL Wage and Hour Offices

219 West Main Street
Boise, ID. 83735-0030
Phone: (208) 332-3579 ext. 3192
Fax: (208) 639-3257

127 West 5th Street North
Burley, Id. 83318-3457
Phone: (208) 332-3579 ext. 3128
Fax: (208) 639-3257

Canyon County
4514 Thomas Jefferson Ave.
Caldwell, Id. 83605-5100
Phone: (208) 332-3579 ext. 3195
Fax: (208) 639-3257

Kootenai County
600 North Thornton Street
Post Falls, Id. 83854
Phone: (208) 332-3579 ext. 3845
Fax: (208) 639-3257

430 North 5th Avenue
Pocatello, Id. 83205-4087
Phone: (208) 332-3579 ext. 3659
Fax: (208) 639-3257